One of two newly converted barns, on our 250 acre family run working dairy and sheep farm. Beautifully and conveniently situated on the English /Welsh border, only a mile from the A525, down a quiet country lane. Wallington Farm benefits from stunning views of the Welsh hills and the Cheshire Plain.
Fieldsview is furnished to high standard, offering warm and fully equipped accommodation.
Fieldsview is on one level and is suitable for wheelchairs. It has one bedroom with a twin or super king size bed with a TV and en suite wet room.
Fieldsview also has a Victorian style main bathroom with claw feet bath. The kitchen is fully equipped with all new appliances- dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer and microwave and dining table for 4.
The lounge has a double bed settee, electric fire ,TV with DVD player.
Externally there is a patio with BBQ and large car park
High chair and travel cot available on request .
Sorry, except for Guide dogs, we do not accept pets.
Drive to the nearby Shropshire lake District and view the nine glacial meres. The largest mere is Ellesmere, where after a walk around the gardens and woodland, you can go to the Visitor centre, at Boathouse Cafe and enjoy a meal. Ellesmere has some interesting shops, and a canal wharf. Another mere is in the village of Hanmer.
Nearby is Llangollen, home of the International Eisteddfod in July, Hot air Ballon festival in September, and a steam train which travels to Corwen at weekends, with a Santa train at Christmas time. Also this is an excellent area for walks along the canal, or up to Castle Dinas Bran. Visit the County town of Shrewsbury, with its Castle and medieval buildings, for garden lovers the Quarry park and famous dingle gardens designed by the late Percy Thrower are a treat.
Another wonderful city is Chester, only half hour drive away, with its Roman walls, cathedral and medieval ‘Row’ shopping area. River trips available, and Racecourse. A day at Chester Zoo is another wonderful experience.
Another option is enjoy walking the Sandstone trail overlooking the Cheshire plain, enjoy afternoon tea at Peckforton Castle, film venue used in the “Cold Feet” T.V. programme, carry on to Bunbury, film venue used in the series “Home Fires”.
Local National Trust properties nearby are Erddig, and Chirk Castle (with its popular Snowdrop walk).
- We were really pleased with the accommodation, it was even nicer than the photographs. The barns have been renovated to a high standard and ours was warm and cosy. The rooms were spacious, and well equipped with everything we needed for a weeks stay. We stopped for the Christmas week and not only were there Christmas decorations, but a lovely colourful Christmas tree too, and a cake. Tracey and Ian were very helpful, and we would definitely recommend their cottages to friends, and hope to stay there again.
- The Haybarn exceeded all of our expectations and was perfect for our stay. Thank you.
- The Haybarn was even better than we had imagined. There was everything you could possibly need for a few days away and the accommodation was perfect for our extended family. We would highly recommend to anyone looking for high spec accommodation.
- Everything!! Was superb..even a cake for us on arrival!!
- Would highly recommend this property for a peaceful relaxing escape.
- The property was in a lovely quiet area with just the noise of sheep and cows. The bed was super comfy. All the essentials were provided including a fabulous home made cake. The property was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated.
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Fieldsview||from £250.00 to £500.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
The Plassey Craft & Retail Centre, a great day out for all the family.
The present St Oswald's church has occupied this site for more than 600 years, replacing…
Step back in time and visit one of the country’s best preserved water powered corn mills.
Drawing inspiration from the tranquil 1,000 acre Carden Park estate, there is a carefully…
Discover your perfect game. Imagine playing two championship golf courses, The Nicklaus…
Experience our brand new aerial adventure course at Carden Park.
Farndon lies on the River Dee south of Chester and on the border with Wales, with which…
Cheshire Wildlife Trust has been working for wildlife on your doorstep throughout the…
BeWILDerwood Cheshire is a huge outdoor adventure park for ALL the family to enjoy…
The Bolesworth Estate has been under the careful stewardship of The Barbour family since…
The Cholmondeley Family have lived at Cholmondeley since the Norman times. The gardens…
Located within the Park St. Nicholas's Chapel is well worth a visit to admire its stained…
Dominated by the beautiful romantic gothic style castle these extensive ornamental…
Why not enjoy a little “me time”, this fabulously luxurious spa is ready and waiting to…
Nestled in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside is a haven of peace and…
Come and try your hand at candle making in our craft workshops with candle making for…