1. Leave Northwich Station from the Manchester platform. Keep left of the petrol station and leave he car park through the black bollards. On your left is a set of traffic lights. At these lights cross Middlewich Road and enter Victoria Road. Walk along Victoria Road until the end (approx. ¼ mile).
2. At the end of the road, turn left and cross the railway bridge using the pavement on the right hand side. Turn into the first road on the right, Manora Road. The railway line is on your right.
3. At the junction with Carlton Road on the left, walk straight ahead until Vickersway Park is seen also on the left. Enter by the first gate and the route keeps to the right, running parallel to the railway.
4. At the end of the park leave by the gate and continue in the same direction with the railway arches on your right until you meet the River Dane.
5. (Optional) You can take a small extension to visit Weaver Hall Museum by crossing the footbridge in front of you and turning left under the viaduct onto London Road. The museum is on the right.
6. To continue the walk follow the river using the footpath on your left so you are between the river and railway arches. Follow this path until you reach three metal figures behind a bench.
7. Shortly after these figures take the right fork that leads away from the river until you reach Whalley Road. Turn right and follow this until the road ends. Continue in the same direction with a school playground on your left. Continue along the path, when it turns sharp left and shortly before the tunnel under the railway, turn left through the gate into the cemetery.
8. Follow the tarmac path and exit onto Church Road.
9. Cross over the road and into Victoria Road and follow this back to Middlewich Road and Northwich station (approx. 1/3 mile).
|Open New Year|